Provide Advanced Resuscitation
2 hours (approx) unsupervised pre-course online study
4 hours face-to-face interactive hands on training and assessment
Price: $143 with onsite group discount
This course teaches the skills and knowledge required to a care for an unconscious casualty, maintain an open airway, administer oxygen and perform effective Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) until help arrives.
This course is designed for workers who may be required to use specialised equipment to provide resuscitation in a range of complex situations in the workplace or community setting as well as any person seeking additional skills in first aid.
During the online pre-learning and interactive hands on training participants will learn all the content of HLTAID001 Provide CPR as well as:
- recognition of abnormal breathing
- opening and clearing an airway using a suction device
- select and insert an oropharyngeal airway
- perform rescue breathing via a resuscitation mask and soft bag resuscitator
- check for pulse and record a pulse rate
- administer oxygen using correct equipment and flow rate
- maintenance of oxygen equipment
A full description of the course content and assessmensts can be found via the Allens Training Pty Ltd website. Click here for more information.
Please note that part of the assessment for HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation involves performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR on and adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor. Students must be able to kneel or position themselves appropriately on the ground to accomplish appropriate rate and depth of compressions to meet assessment requirements.
All students completing any vocational education course in Australia must obtain and supply a Unique Student Identifier (USI). A statement of attainment cannot be issued without submitting a USI number. For more details and to create your USI please go to www.usi.gov.au
Precourse online learning must be complete prior to face-to-face class
Participants under the age of 18 are required to obtain parental/guardian consent to be able to participate in this course. The form for this can be found here.
As your Registered Training Organisation, Allens Training Pty Ltd want to make sure that you are fully informed and aware of their commitments and responsibilities. A copy of their terms and conditions can be found here.
What to bring:
- Photo ID
- Print out of your pre-course online learning certificate (if required)
- Wear comfortable clothing with closed-toe shoes (you will be simulating first aid on the ground for parts of class so please wear appropriate clothing).
- For students under the age of 18 a Parent/Guardian Consent Form must be completed and brought to class (please refer to link above). We recommend participants be at least 16 years or older to achieve a full certificate.
- Lunch and snacks for breaks
Resus Ready First Aid Training provides quality onsite training. By training onsite we are able to tailor our training to your business’ needs. We offer flexible training times to ensure minimal disruption to your business.
Please note there is a minimum of 4 students required for onsite training to go forward.
To ensure we can give your employees the best training atmosphere we request:
- Appropriate area to train your employees compliant with WHS requirements. Approximately 6mx6m area with a hard surface or carpeted floor (larger area may be needed depending on amount of employees requiring training).
- Access to toilet facilities
- Access to kitchen facilities
- Enough chairs available for the number of student being trained
- One available and functioning electrical power point outlet in the training room
- One table
If you do not have an appropriate training area please contact us and one can be arranged close to your business. (Please note if you choose this option, the 10% discount for onsite group bookings does not apply. Minimum 10 students required for offsite training venue).
Provide Advanced Resuscitation
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a statement of attainment for:
HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
HLTAID007 – Provide Advanced Resuscitation
Industry standards and the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends this unit should be renewed every
or use our contact form below.
Resus Ready First Aid Training is partnered with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO #90909 to provide Nationally Recognised Certification.
Training in this course meets industry standards and successful completion of this course will lead to a Nationally Recognised statement of attainment.
Resus Ready First Aid Training offers onsite first aid training for your business, organisation or group. We pride ourselves on delivering quality training while minimising disruption to your workflow. We offer flexible training times and combined courses to suit your needs.
Contact Us now to book your training session, combine courses or for any general enquiries.
0405 770 723
Telephone Contact Times
Or use our CONTACT FORM