Combined Course: CPR + Anaphylaxis
3 hour (approx) unsupervised pre-course online study
4 hours face-to-face interactive hands on training and assessment
10% discount applies for onsite group bookings with 10 or more people
Price: $89 with onsite group discount
This course teaches the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines and operate an Automated External Defibrillator until help arrives. This course also teaches the skills and knowledge required to assist a person suffering an anaphylactic reaction until the arrival of medical assistance.
This course is designed for participants as a refresher course in providing CPR and managing anaphylactic emergencies. Many industries require yearly renewal of both certificates.
During the online pre-learning and interactive hands on training participants will learn:
- basic anatomy and physiology
- how to safely respond to a resuscitation scenario following DRSABCD
- perform CPR in line with the ARC Guidelines
- follow the prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- provide accurate verbal reporting of the incident.
- triggers/allergens that cause allergic reactions
- signs and symptoms associated with both mild to moderate allergic reactions and severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis) and how to distinguish between them
- First aid principles and procedures
- anaphylaxis emergency response procedures for the workplace
- requirements and replacement of the adrenaline auto-injector (e.g. epi-pen)
- prevention strategies and risk identification
- and understand the ASCIA guidelines, relevant organisational polices and procedures and relevant industry legislation and policies for treatment of anaphylaxis
Refer for Course Outline for HLTAID001 and 2300VIC for more information on this course.
Please note that part of the assessment for HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation involves performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR on and adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor. Students must be able to kneel or position themselves appropriately on the ground to accomplish appropriate rate and depth of compressions to meet assessment requirements.
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation & 22300VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a statement of attainment for:
HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
22300VIC – Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
Some industry standards require renewal of Anaphylaxis training and assessment every
and the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends the CPR component should be renewed every
Resus Ready First Aid Training is partnered with Allens Training PTY LTD RTO90909 to provide Nationally Recognised Certification.
Training in this course meets industry standards and successful completion of this course will lead to a nationally recognised statement of attainment.
Resus Ready First Aid Training offers onsite first aid training for your business, organisation or group. We pride ourselves on delivering quality training while minimising disruption to your workflow. We offer flexible training times and combined courses to suit your needs.
Contact Us now to book your training session, combine courses or for any general enquiries.
0423 645 555
Telephone Contact Times
Or use our CONTACT FORM