Asthma and Anaphylaxis
3 hours (approx) unsupervised pre-course online study
4 hours face-to-face interactive hands on training and assessment
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other firstaiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance and provide advance training in the use of auto injectors for the treatment of anaphylaxis and the advance treatments associated with Asthma. The anaphylaxis course is published on the approved qualifications list on the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) website.
During the online pre-learning and interactive hands on training, participants will learn to identify:
- triggers/allergens that cause allergic reactions
- signs and symptoms associated with both mild to moderate allergic reactions and severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis) and how to distinguish between them
- First aid principles and procedures
- anaphylaxis emergency response procedures for the workplace
- requirements and replacement of the adrenaline auto-injector (e.g. epi-pen)
- prevention strategies and risk identification
- and understand the ASCIA guidelines, relevant organisational polices and procedures and relevant industry legislation and policies for treatment of anaphylaxis
- Signs and symptoms of asthma – mild/moderate, severe and life threatening
- common allergic and non-allergic asthma triggers
- first aid principles and procedures for the emergency management of asthma including individual Asthma Action Plans
- common asthma medication and equipment
and gain the ability to
- assess emergency situations
- plan for contingencies
- convey the casualty details to emergency services
- maintain accurate records
and much more
A full description of the course content and assessments can be found via the Allens Training Pty Ltd website. Click here for more information.
Combined Course: 22282VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace & 22300VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a statement of attainment for:
22282VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
22300VIC – Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
Industry standards recommends this unit should be renewed every
Some industries require refresher courses in Anaphylaxis management more regularly. Please refer to your specific industry requirements for more information.
Resus Ready First Aid Training is partnered with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO #90909 to provide Nationally Recognised Certification.
Training in this course meets industry standards and successful completion of this course will lead to a Nationally Recognised statement of attainment.
Resus Ready First Aid Training offers onsite first aid training for your business, organisation or group. We pride ourselves on delivering quality training while minimising disruption to your workflow. We offer flexible training times and combined courses to suit your needs.
Contact Us now to book your training session, combine courses or for any general enquiries.
0405 770 723
Telephone Contact Times
Or use our CONTACT FORM